[Mgs] New to list

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon Dec 23 15:22:39 MST 2019

     I would like to let the list know I'm here.  Some of you may know me from the Spridget or Healey lists.  I just bought a 69 MGB GT.  I have owned several MGs in the past, but my last one was a 66 MGB with electric overdrive and a factory hardtop.  This car did not have first or reverse.  It only cost $350, but this was back in the 80s.       I have been trying to figure our switches and knobs in the GT and which ones work.  Complete surprise to me the horn is activated in the turn signal stalk!  Raining today, but I have not checked the wipers yet.  The bugaboo I encountered on the way home from buying this car was the tachometer.  It would shut off when you turn on the headlights.  If you turn off the panel lights, it comes back on.  Not looking forward to figuring this one out.   I am a retired locomotive engineer with a military flight engineer retirement also.  Lots of time to play with this new toy.  Hello and happy holidays to all on this list.Mike MacLeanSan Bernardino, CA

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android