[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 147, Issue 14

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sun Aug 18 03:43:31 MDT 2019

For some years now new SU pumps should have been polarity independent since they started using a bi-directional points quenching device instead of a diode and resistor.  It doesn't help when the boxes are labelled 'dual polarity' but the information sheet inside the box still states 'All AZX pumps are polarity conscious'.  Polarity-dependant devices have red and black insulation (and can be reversed to change polarity), polarity-independent devices have the same colour insulation on both wires.  I don't know about electronic pumps, but it's hardly difficult to make those dual polarity as well.

  My only concern was buying the right replacement fuel pump, which Moss stocks.