[Mgs] Another LBC project, OT

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Tue Aug 6 11:35:20 MDT 2019

Looks like Wolfrace rims – right?

Cheers,

Hans 71 BGT NRG WW no OD

Van: Mgs [mailto:mgs-bounces at autox.team.net] Namens Richard Lindsay via Mgs
Verzonden: zondag 4 augustus 2019 0:53
Aan: MGs
Onderwerp: Re: [Mgs] Another LBC project, OT

Here are the period-correct wheels on my car.

http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20171108_104056.jpg

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019, 5:39 PM Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello friends,

   I write today to share news of project progress. But first, here is a bit of back story. The car is a '75 TR6. Yea, I know. OT but similar to issues we face with MGs.

   Everything mechanical is done on the car except for the rear brakes. All suspension, front and rear, has been removed, cleaned, refinished and reinstalled with new bushings. New dampers are installed. New brake calipers, new slave cylinders, new pads and shoes too. The rotors and brake drums are turned to resurface and true. New front hydraulic pipes and hoses are installed. The engine is restored and very strong. The clutch, gearbox, prop shaft, and third member are all tested good. Aftermarket but period-correct alloy wheels have been media blasted and powder coated and sport new tires. Lug nuts and washers are getting powder coated (black) this week. The car is now about ready to go to the paint shop. End of backstory.

   The rear brake hydraulic bits are all restored except for painting the cleaned brake pipes - the NLA ones that are not to be replaced. Those pipes have been flushed clean with brake cleaner then blown dry. After degreasing and cleaning the exterior with ScotchBrite, the pipe metal is vulnerable to corrosion/rust. I will just paint the pipes gray. The other new pipes and flex hoses are due to arrive Monday. Reassembly will begin then. After a final bleed, the car will be ready for Carmine Red paint.

Rick

---