[Mgs] [tr3a] Help wanted (needed)

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Apr 30 01:21:04 MDT 2019

I agree it shouldn't, but someone over here used Gates Barrier hoses that were fractionally smaller than the ports on his filter and carbs and forcing them on shredded the inner layer which blocked the filter and prevented the float valve from closing.  Obvious from additional bits in the bottom of the float chamber (lid if HIF).

Hunt's Fifth Law:

"Many break-downs occur soon after a car has been worked on; 'new' parts can be faulty when you receive them; 'new' parts will sometimes fail soon after fitting; 'new' parts almost certainly won't last as long as the originals."

  Float sunk, or debris lodged in the valve. This last has happened to me on more than one occasion, requiring a roadside repair. It should not happen with an inline filter and new rubber fuel lines.