[Mgs] So quiet!

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Tue Apr 23 17:52:10 MDT 2019

What I failed to explain was that I had made an appointment at the DMV for the day I was having it flat-bedded to the paint shop. When the truck got to the front of the line, the inspector told us they wouldn’t look at a car on a flat bed or trailer. So we winched it down to ground level, THEN he told us he couldn’t look at it if the engine was missing. Well, why didn’t you tell us that in the first place? And what does the engine have to do with it? And why doesn’t it state either of these policies on the DMV web site? (No mention anywhere).

Anyway, the paperwork was already made out, minus the VIN inspection. So I just kept going to the shop, where it hung out for 3-1/2 years, during which time I made the discoveries described previously.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB