[Mgs] Speakers in the door

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon Apr 1 01:34:05 MDT 2019

The factory ran them round the top hinge from a hole in the door just under the hinge and in the A-pillar just aft of the hinge, as shown here http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/radio.htm#3

My 75 V8 has those holes even though speakers weren't provided until 77/78, I used them for the central locking. Just double-insulated stranded twin-core such as would be used for a mains appliance (uk at least), which has been fine for maybe 20 years now.

  I am intending to put my speakers in the doors.  Does anyone have recommendations as how to run the connections through the door gap?   I did see once a plug and socket affair but that means no sound when the door is open - no big deal!    I am thinking just thick multi-strand wire loop?