[Mgs] A short tale of parts & service [Postscript]

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Sun Oct 7 17:44:27 MDT 2018

Here’s what Joey at MoMa Instrument Repair had to suggest:

   "It means that the movement itself is deformed that is why it’s way out of calibration. Some of those we can repair by reshaping the movement carefully or just replace the movement. It’s not an easy fix at all. You can send it and it will all depend on the extent of the damage if we can repair or replace movement. Thanks Joey"

…which sounds kind of like what I was suggesting. Damn. The problem is, the car is undriveable with the gauge removed — it leaves an open passage to both coolant and oil. I’ve only had the car running for two weeks all year… kind of running out of nice weather… Grr.

I think I may try to buy a good one to swap in while having this one repaired, then sell one later.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB