[Mgs] Brake pressure balance switch

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Tue Jun 5 17:54:00 MDT 2018

I would expect that the brakes would have to be totally functionless
on a particular wheel for that test to tell you anything.  For
example, you might detect a seized wheel cylinder.  However, if you
are getting even the weakest brake action, you will not be able to
turn the wheel by hand.  It is my understanding that a brake balance
switch is detecting a difference in the hydraulic pressure between
the two circuits, and the way this usually happens is by one side
leaking.  If everything seems dry and the fluid level has not
dropped, I would suspect the switch.  If you find a leak or the fluid
is mysteriously disappearing, then you know where to be putting your
attention.

-Steve T,

At 10:18 AM 6/5/2018, Charley Robinson via Mgs wrote:
>was my car I'd jack up one side of it
>until both wheels are off the ground, have someone push and hold the
>brake pedal and try to rotate the suspended wheels.
>
>CR

---