[Mgs] Brake pressure balance switch

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Jun 5 01:27:21 MDT 2018

Possibly, but you can't discount the brakes.  If it's the rear circuit that
has the problem then it would barely be noticeable in driving.

Firstly disconnect the wiring from the switch and if the warning light goes
out it is a brake or switch problem, and not wiring.  If it stays on it's
wiring, although from 76 on the same warning lamp also comes on with the
handbrake.

If it is brake or switch pre 76 to centralise the switch you have to open
the good circuit and operate the brakes slowly to move the shuttle valve
across until the light goes out, and if you keep pressing it will come back
on again when the shuttle valve has moved to the other side.  However if the
light stays on all the time you still don't really know if it is a switch or
brake problem, except that if it is the brakes you should be losing fluid
from somewhere.

77 and later you can partially unscrew the switch and it should recentralise
automatically i.e. the light goes out.  If it doesn't go out then it's
probably the switch.