[Mgs] Soliciting advice on an electrical problem

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Wed Jul 25 20:44:27 MDT 2018

Max Heim via Mgs wrote on 7/25/18 6:21 PM:
> I had time to do a few checks with a test lamp.
>
> With key on I confirmed I have power to the white leads at the fuse box.
> I removed the radio blanking plate and was able to test some switches. I
> have power to the back of the heater fan switch, for instance, but it
> doesn’t come on.
>
> Are these switches grounded through the dash frame? If they are, I think
> I know the problem — the powder coat is acting as insulation. The whole
> thing is probably isolated.

You could try using an alligator clip and run a separate ground from one
of the ground leads to the chassis or battery and see if things start
working.

> I was wearing good clothes so didn’t check the fuel pump.

That is why I no longer own any good clothes.

--
Larry Colen           LRC at red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/