[Mgs] Need advice with removing a front driveshaft nut

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed Jul 18 01:20:48 MDT 2018

The front of the prop-shaft has a sliding joint, so in theory it is possible
to separate the main part from the front section, and leave the front part
on the gearbox to be dealt with later.

I've never done this, so I don't know if you have enough wriggle-room for
the shaft, even with the engine pulled as fully forwards as it will go
before you start lifting the engine.

The other thing of course ... is to just remove the engine!  For a clutch
this is all I would ever do, and even if I needed to access the gearbox I
think I'd still remove the engine first, then the gearbox, with the
facilities I have at home.