[Mgs] H4 or HS4 carbs on an MGA 1600 and Electronic Ignition or Points

John DiFede difejo1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 16:52:42 MST 2018

If you decide to go with an electronic ignition get a pertronix unit.  I have used both , the crane set up with its brackets and screws and shutter wheel is difficult to set up correctly and can loosen up and fail.  The benefit of electronic ignition is not having to set up the points at tune up time.  Keep a set of points and condenser in the glove box in the event the electronic system fails

Sent from my iPhone