[Mgs] Help - Door won't latch

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sun Dec 2 02:25:14 MST 2018

Sounds like something has broken between the push-button and the latch.  Had it been stiff, then free and you couldn't open it from the outside then I'd have said it was the button or the lever on the latch.  But as it now won't latch at all then it has to be something in the lock.  Door trim off, disconnect the internal lock and latch rods from the lock, three screws, and the lock comes out.  Not really intended to be opened up, but this may help: http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/saga12.htm

BTW, always give the year as stuff like this varies, but the mention of 'push-button' is a give-away.

  ...  My driver's side door won't latch.  Since I bought the car about 4 years ago, the button on the door has been hard to push in.  Then, about a week ago, I heard something click when I pushed it in, and after that, the button was easier to push (like what I would consider normal).  Yesterday, I noticed the door would not latch.  I tried pushing it real hard and got it to latch a couple of times, but now it won't latch at all.