[Mgs] MG1100 questions

D Councill dcouncill at karamursel.org
Mon Jul 10 19:19:15 MDT 2017

I am considering purchasing a 1964 MG 1100 to add to my MG fleet. It is a
non-running project car and from what I can tell, the value of a restored or
running MG 1100 is not very high (compared to a MGB for example). So I am
looking for guidance or opinions from those of you familiar with or own one
or more. Are there any issues with parts availability for some items? Are
there items I should look at on this car that should be a reason not to buy
the car? As with other project cars, I would have to replace rubber, tires,
upholstery, and probably do an engine overhaul in the process so I am just
seeing if it is worth the effort, not knowing that much about the 1100s. The
car currently is overpriced but the owner is getting desperate, having tried
to sell it for the past year and thus I may now be interested if price and
conditions are right. Or maybe not.

David Councill

1964 MGB

1967 MGBGT