[Mgs] Removing throttle shafts from SU carbs.

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 15:48:35 MST 2017

I am disassembling a set of HS2 carburetors (I think they are HS2s) so
that know how to replace the throttle shafts on a set of HS4 carbs
from a '71 MGB.

I have got to the point that I have removed the spring and fittings
from the shafts, I have removed the throttle plate, but I don't know
how to get the shafts out.

It appears that something should unscrew from one end of the shafts,
but nothing seems to move.

Can anyone give me a suggestion of what I need to do next?

This photo shows the current state of the carbs:
https://goo.gl/photos/XMXPNPuDkozHPn6R6

Simon