[Mgs] MGB Carb Qs

daybell7 at aol.com daybell7 at aol.com
Tue Dec 26 04:45:34 MST 2017

I plan to replace the weber (45DCOE) with HS4s on my 1968 GT.  The needles are bent and a float is missing.  Is it reasonable to expect success by replacing these parts (and maybe jets and float valves), after a good cleaning?  What needles and jets?

I have shiny carb air cleaners to use on my 1972 Roadster with HIFs, but when I replace the stock air cleaners, the car bogs and won’t accept the throttle.  Should I change jets?  What jets?

Should a car start without choking?  Is that a indication of a rich mixture if it does?  I have a car with HS6s that fouls the plugs when I start it and move it in and out of the garage, but don’t drive it.  The car needs choked to start but once started the choke can be relieved immediately.  Do I have a mixture issue?  Do I need a meter?

The weber runs rich and, I suppose, can be corrected changing jets.  Can anyone point me in the right direction in all this?  Maybe a supplier that has explanations?

Thanks,

Steve Hughes

Gainesville, FL