[Mgs] Time to choose a paint color

Joe McConlogue baltoalpine at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 13:54:29 MST 2017

Hi everyone! I’ve been monitoring the list for a while since I acquired an MGA 1500 a couple of years ago.  I’ve been working on getting it on the road ever since and I’m now at the point that I have to choose the paint color. It was originally OEW. I received it in a bright white state with a fair amount of body and mechanical work required. I have been leaning toward going with the original color, but the one I must not upset says she wants it to be yellow.  I know there are always those that will say that after spending all of that effort and money I should keep it original, and others that say “it’s your car - do what you want”.

I guess I’m just looking for some ideas on how others have resolved this dilemma. (Trading the wife in is a non-starter. Anyone recommend a particular shade of yellow?)