[Mgs] LBC Valuation in Divorce Result

daybell7 at aol.com daybell7 at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 13:36:44 MDT 2016

By far the best way to determine a value in divorce is to agree whatever it is.  Wife and I couldn't agree and ultimately the judge accepted the insured values.  Even if one party had an appraisal, the other party doesn't have to accept the appraised value.

The judge was smart, fair, and facilitated an agreement.  He started off by picking and choosing, since my wife indicated they were a worth a lot more than the insured value, so we each picked two and I had to delivery the two.  When I asked by what date, he asked my wife if she would rather have them delivered or take cash.  She chose cash; he stipulated half of the insured value and it was over (especially since she didn't offer a value herself).

Just a good caring judge made the difference.

If anyone is interested in more about this, please email me.

Steve Hughes
Gainesville, FL