[Mgs] Got the car out yesterday - today was bad.

Paul Root ptroot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:35:22 MDT 2016

I just went on the archives, and saw that there were four replies. I didn't
get one. Joy, now I have to figure out why/how gmail is blocking.

So a few questions to follow up.

The pilot bushing is the bushing that goes into the hole on the end of the
crack shaft right? So Charles, your method is forcing the grease you are
using between the wall of the hole in the crankshaft and the bushing, thus
bringing it loose? Is that about it?

Also, I see in Moss, for 5 main engines (mine is a 18V, car is 1977) there
are 2 bushings, they call "bushing spigot". One is 1" long, the other 1
1/2". How do I know which one I need?

Also, I'm guessing the rear crank oil seal should be replaced? What's
involved there? I guess I should pull out Bentley.

New lock plate and bolts.

New clutch set.

I'm going to call Quality Coaches (Minneapolis) later today and see what
they have flywheel/ring wise.

I have this ambition to make this a 1 weekend job. I'm dreaming. Last time
(13-14 years ago when I bought the car with a bad clutch) it was a month or
so.

I got the new starter from O'Reilly, they warranted it even though it was
my fault. That was sure nice.

Paul.