[Mgs] Wire wheel replacing spokes

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Thu Dec 8 07:06:52 MST 2016

I've never known them check the spokes in the UK, although the test does call for it in 1b:  http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_420.htm

An ex-MOTer pal says it is a visual only (like on BMW spoked alloys) although a very keen tester may ping them - all 240/320 of them.  In my experience when they break the break is inside the hub, so only detectable if you do ping or wiggle them.

  Do they check every spoke when they do the MOT? I can't imagine anyone in the US checking for something like that during our 'inspections'. Here in NJ, they don't even
  do safety inspections any longer, just emissions testing.