[Mgs] Wire wheel replacing spokes

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Thu Dec 8 01:40:25 MST 2016

Same as Max, just replace the ones that need to be.  I've had to replace single spokes a number of times, always the long ones.  You do need to unscrew the nipple on an adjacent spoke to be able to swing it out of the way to get those back in, and sometimes one on the other side as well, it depends on the overall length of the new spoke and how far the thickened shank extends.  So how much work it is going to be depends on whether those adjacent spokes have seized nipples.  More info here: http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/rs.htm#1

  I've got two chromed wire wheels, which did not pass the MOT test.
  There are several lose spokes.

  All nipples are solid, so is it worth while to replace all spokes (buy a replacement set)?

  I'm not afraid to do the replacement work myself, as I have experience with many mopeds and bikes.