[Mgs] MGB Heater not working

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Mon Apr 18 08:04:46 MDT 2016

Hi Bert,  My approach would be to disconnect hoses to the heater at valve and at the pipe on other side, then to run water from a garden hose through the heater.  It should flow freely, possibly bringing a surprising amount of sludge along. Then put the hose to radiator, with the valve open, and check that water flows through the valve.    This will dilute the antifreeze mix--remember to correct it for winter season.  If water flows in these tests, try starting engine to see if the water pump pumps. You can run a minute or so, plenty long to test this, with coolant level low.Bob