[Mgs] triangular vent window seal replacement

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Jul 21 01:23:01 MDT 2015

Ditto Bob.  If the nut comes undone without snapping the pivot pin (not nut) then yes it is possible to remove the vent window with the quarter-light in-situ.  But the pivot pin and nut are between two small holes for the securing nuts, the pivot is pointing forwards, and the nearest large access hole is below and behind it and the long leg of the frame is in the way.  With the vent out it is just a matter of stuffing the new seal in as you say and refitting the vent.  If you snap the pivot pin you have to remove the glass from the vent, so best avoided.

  Question, I replaced the horizontal seal on my vent windows many years ago and did remove the window. To replace the “triangular” rubber seal around the vent window can I just remove the old one and stuff the new one in, or do I need to remove the window again?   Thanks