[Mgs] 54 TF ammeter question

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sun Jan 18 08:50:46 MST 2015

Are you *sure* you reversed?  And didn't just put them back on the same terminals?  A typical ammeter and especially one used in a car of the era of the TF is a simple moving iron arrangement, in a coil with just two terminals.  Reverse the direction of the current in the coil and you reverse the magnetism, and hence the needle movement.  That's why ammeters work  - current flows one way to indicate a charge, and the other way to indicate a discharge.  Incidentally you could have done something else such that it was charging when you originally connected it, and now you have reversed it it isn't.  You need to confirm it *is* charging with a voltmeter.