[Mgs] '65B Restoration Status, How to Proceed

David Ambrose stargazer1 at cox.net
Thu Feb 19 11:12:58 MST 2015

On 2/19/2015 8:04 AM, dave n via Mgs wrote:
> do not take it to a shop that has not worked on old british cars.
> they don’t have a clue and won’t do it right.  your car will be
> bondo’d and a mess.  it is well worth taking to someone who has
> experience.

I think it really depends on the mindset of the shop doing the work.
Can't hurt to talk to them.

MGB sills are a multilayer structure. Defects in the inner structure
require removing everything on top. I suggest the best approach is to
plan on replacing the whole structure, and stop when you run out of
problems. The shop has to be willing and able to restore the body shell
alignment prior to commencing its work. If it can't, the rest of the
work will be for naught.

There will be lots of sandblasting and structural work. Not all shops
are willing to undertake that.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose