[Mgs] Reality TV

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed Feb 18 09:15:29 MST 2015

Samsung - 1984 has arrived.  I can sort of understand Samsung capturing to stuff to analyse it and fine tune their voice recognition software.  At least one 'technical' reporter has said it is because the voice is sent to a central server, interpreted, then the commands to change channel or the volume are sent back to the TV - really?  TVs are computers, they should be able to do it for themselves, downloading software upgrades as and when.  And as for admitting they share it with others ...

Negligible snow but cold enough for salt for some time in my bit of the UK.  Rained quite a bit Monday and sunshine forecast for Tuesday - goody.  But then they put more salt down Monday night!  One short run in more than two months now.  I'll leave you to imagine what Ricky Tomlinson would say about global warming.

  MG content: this winter has been so snowy and cold that I was thinking the other day that there hasn't been a day in either January or February that has 1) been warm enough
  and 2) where the streets have been salt-free enough for my to take the '76 B out to shake out the cobwebs....