[Mgs] clutch question

Alan Kellogg aekell at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 14:26:06 MDT 2015

I had a similar problem and my more knowledgeable friend was convinced and convinced me it was hydraulics to the extent I replaced everything including the master cylinder and then bled the system again and again and etc.  Finally pulled the engine and examined the clutch.  lever bolt and bushing wear caused uneven pressure on the throwout bearing which eventually caused notches to wear in the release levers creating a mechanical stop, and a progressive lack of operation as you describe.

Alan