[Mgs] alternator wiring quick question

dave willner davewillner at pa.net
Thu Aug 13 07:44:51 MDT 2015

Thanks Paul. It is a 16ACR, I had it rebuilt about 5 years ago. The only connection that fits it is the old clear 3 prong plug with the heavy brown lead and 3 brown/yellow leads. The plugs are not like your photos though, its 2 side by side and one below on the right side?

Also the large brown “mystery” lead on the other 2 prong plus is not live, and I’m not sure if it hasn’t been hanging off for years or not...Also my red ignition warning light doesn’t come on either when the key is turned and I believe it never has since I’ve owned the car, I did see it come on dimly last night when the revs dropped low, which I know is typical?

Appreciate the help
Dave