[Mgs] Oil Filter Adapter

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Thu Apr 23 11:23:00 MDT 2015

CR,

That straight hanging adapter from Moss is available in US as weol as
UK.  But it has a serious problem with poor design such that the
filter can jam on the unit and cannot be removed.  Some filters may
work.  Many filters will jam in place.  Occasionally one will leak
due to lack of seating the seal.  The issue is inadewuate space at
the shoulder of the hex fitting with the screw-on thread.

For many years Moss has refused to acknowledge the problem and will
not fix it.  Each individual customer is then stuck with figuring it
out and having to do a field mod to make it serviceable.  It is best
to modify the part before installation or do not install it at
all.  See details and reports here: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/faulty/ft026.htm