[Mgs] MGB steering problem

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 00:35:11 MDT 2015

 From: Jim Ray via Mgs <mgs at autox.team.net>

> Since lowering the car I have an annoying vibration in the steering
> wheel whenever I hit a bump. I had the suspension checked when I
> lowered the car and was told that everything was in good shape
> except the front shocks, which needed to be rebuilt. I'm not sure
> what bump steer is so this might be what I am experiencing.>
>Any thoughts?

I've never heard the phrase "bump steer" before, but if the
front shocks are bad, you would definitely feel more than
the typical "road feel" feedback in the steering wheel.

"Vibration" is typically a faster action than, say, "rattle."
But either way, if your front suspension needs to be
serviced, you would feel the evidence of that through
the steering wheel.