[Mgs] MGA 1960 still in full restoration

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu Apr 9 14:31:52 MDT 2015

Hey!

How about 14 years for an engine rebuild !!!!!!!
2 years for a paint job - that's not so bad

At 01:07 PM 4/9/2015 -0600, Andrew Lundgren via Mgs wrote:
>Four years is a LONG time to wait.  It isn't
>getting any younger and I imagine you aren't
>either.  Sounds like $ is the way to increase the speed...
>
>On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Thompson Allan
>via Mgs <<mailto:mgs at autox.team.net>mgs at autox.team.net> wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>I keep monitoring the posts and thinking
>longingly of the time I will be able to drive our 1960 MGA.
>
>Our car has been undergoing a body off, frame up
>restoration for going on 4 years.....
>The restorer, Hoyt's in Sarasota do fantastic
>work but are sooooo slow... unless you have lots
>of bucks or one of their main customers, like
>the Sarasota Car Museum. Our small vehicle gets
>put to one side each time a more prestigious job comes in...
>
>Each weekly visit reveals more superb specimens
>in the workshops... and ours is proceeding - but slowly.
>
>At first, the pace suited us, as funding at a
>slow pace was easy... but it has become more and
>more frustrating. We don't want to upset them
>too much because we want a good job.... and we
>have considered taking the car to another
>restorer - but the car is in pieces and who knows what might get lost.
>
>Engine work was shipped out to a local engine
>shop and was completed 2 years ago and is sitting on the restored frame.
>
>Bodywork has taken an age and the aluminum doors and hood had to be welded.
>
><https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ipin4nqqu05g96/AADJO8EnqBdJKxrfbkIA6cwEa>https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ipin4nqqu05g96/AADJO8EnqBdJKxrfbkIA6cwEa
>
>Allan

Regards,
Barrie

Barrie Robinson                         Go with the flow - but paddle hard
MGB GT V8 in concours condition
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII under restoration
www.AMFClub.com
www.britcot.com
www.vectisgroup.ca
barrie at look.ca