[Mgs] Now I'm in for it...

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Sat Sep 13 17:38:35 MDT 2014

Correction:

I said "...29,000 roadsters [in 1967]..."  -- that's way off. I was going by
the VIN range, but that included GTs as well, and it turns out they
preallocated VINs in groups, so not all of those numbers were used. So there
were only just over 15,000 roadsters in 67, making it kind of a down year. I
suspect they shut down the line early to prep for the changeover to the Mark
II. That still puts this in the last month of production of Mark I models,
probably in the last 2 weeks (this would be October 1967).

Curiously, it doesn't have any sign of ever having had reverse lamps, which
supposedly were rolled into production in March 1967, some 15,000 VINs
earlier. I'm thinking "The Original MGB" must have its facts wrong in this
case.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149