[Mgs] another oil question? really?

Clayton Kirkwood crk at godblessthe.us
Mon Jul 7 10:20:34 MDT 2014

Yes! Ok, I've had my 62 mga engine rebuilt 3 times by "experts". The current
iteration seems solid - put a couple thousand miles on her. But she sips oil
modestly. The guy who did the machine shop work for my 59 Land Rover told me
that most machine shops and rebuilders machine the cylinder walls wrong.
They make the cylinders round instead of slightly oval toward the bottom of
the stroke which considers the pull and push rotation of the driveshaft and
connector arm. Seems reasonable to me.

So the question. Should I increase the viscosity of the oil to allow less
oil burn, and/or, go to synthetic which won't burn off?

Also by now, I'm figuring she has finished running in and plan to change
oil/filter.

"We live in the greatest nation in the history of the world," he pleaded. "I
hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." Barrie Obama