[Mgs] Leaking water elbow on head of a 78 B

jevans at mydb3.com jevans at mydb3.com
Tue Dec 9 21:21:03 MST 2014

I have a 77 with the same problem.  One of the the three studs does not
dead-end into the head material but goes into the coolant chamber.  Over
the years, use/corrosion has enlarged the thread clearances in the head
material so the stud is no longer as tight as it should be.  I use lots of
teflon tape to retard the leakage, this may work for you if it is the same
problem.
Jim Evans