[Mgs] Wheels

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Mon Sep 2 09:24:20 MDT 2013

Folks at world,

I have done tons of stuff with powder coating, like bending brackets,
standing on the back axle,  mantling and dismantling, drilling, and
of course swearing but I have never had a chip !!

At 03:39 PM 01/09/2013 -0700, Rod Williams wrote:
>On Sep 1, 2013, at 11:05 AM,From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren at byu.net>
>wrote:
> >> Anyone have an idea of what it costs in th US to sandblast and
> >> powdercoat a set of Rostyles for an MGB?
>
>You might want to give second thought to powder coating wheels. It isn't
>generally recommended. Powder coating looks nice but it chips easily and is
>impossible to touch up and leaves the wheels subject to rust under the powder
>coat paint where it's chipped. Wheels are an inappropriate place to use it.
>(don't ask me how I know this. $$$) Frame and other parts work well but it's
>just not a very rugged finish. You'd likely be better off painting wheels.
>--
>Rod Williams
>Petaluma, California
>1967 MGB

Regards,
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
MGB GT V8 in concours condition
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII under restoration
www.AMFClub.com
www.britcot.com
www.vectisgroup.ca
barrie at look.ca