[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 78, Issue 1

Glenn Schnittke g.schnittke at comcast.net
Sat Nov 2 01:29:28 MDT 2013

Not really a thrust washer as described. It's a spacer. IIR, none of the
pinion or diff cage spacers are available for any of the Salisbury
diffs. There's a vague chance you might find some on ebay. I haven't
found an alternative source other than getting lucky and I think some
people are bred for that. If you go the fabrication route, make sure
it's ground parallel to, like zero tolerance. Even dirt under it during
installation can throw off the side spacing on the crown wheel.

This wouldbe an excellent cottage industry for someone recently retired
with machinery and interest. A lot of rear ends could be saved that
would otherwise end up crushed. You can get new gears and new bearings,
but if you can't set them up what good are they?

Glenn