[Mgs] Fw: float & aircare

Schauss, Peter (ESS) peter.schauss at ngc.com
Fri May 24 11:37:27 MDT 2013

Ed,

Exactly what I did - aluminum flashing for a heat shield.  The heat shield
also kept the oil which leaked from rear gearbox seal from dripping on the hot
catalytic converter.  Before I added the shield, the smoke from the oil on the
cat was a bit disconcerting.  I left the air pump connected which may have
helped keep the cat from getting too hot.

I removed the catalyst seven years ago when New York exempted my from the
emission inspection because it was over 25 years old.

Peter Schauss

Message: 6