[Mgs] float & aircare

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Thu May 23 21:51:53 MDT 2013

Do you know which gasses they are measuring on your car?  Are they doing
just a tailpipe test or are they doing a dyno test?
In general, here are some tips about mixture and exhaust
Too Rich
High HC
High CO
Low NOX
Low CO2

Too Lean
High HC
Low CO
High NOX
High CO2

Timing advanced
High NOX

In general if I have to take a high mileage car though a smog test, I
change the oil, replace the spark plugs, make sure the air filter is clean
and everything is set to spec.  I take the car for a good long drive to
make sure it is totally up to operating temp.  Once I get to the testing
station, I do not turn the car off, as I don't want the cat cooling off.