[Mgs] Nice weather has brought out the classic cars in the UK

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 12:53:43 MDT 2013

  From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews at gmail.com>

> I landed at Heathrow
airport yesterday and drove to my Father's house in
> the Midlands (a few
miles north of Birmingham). On the way, I saw:
> 1. MGB -- about a '78, I
think (G reg). Saw that before I had left
> Heathrow.
> 2. Reliant Scimitar
(haven't seen one of those for a long time)
> 3. 2 or 3  pre-war race cars.
Didn't get a good look to see what they were
> but could have been MGs.
> 4. A
3-wheeler, probably a Morgan.
> 5. 2 Hillman Imps. Both on the M40 near the
Heritage Motor  museum.
> 6. Also, just past the Heritage museum,  a Clan
Crusader (I think) (was
> there an Imp meeting at the museum?)
> 7. Shelby
Cobra (probably a replica).
> 8. Triumph Stag.
> 9. Healey 30000
> 10. 2 or 3
VW based Dune/Beach Buggies.

> All were seen in the space of a few hours.
Spectacular weather this weekend in the Puget Sound area.  Temperature
yesterday reached 80, and that's more like July weather for us.  I
had my MGA
out on the road both days but didn't see any other British
sports cars.  Lots
of Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, etc, though.