[Mgs] Nice weather has brought out the classic cars in the UK

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Mon May 6 10:46:33 MDT 2013

I landed at Heathrow airport yesterday and drove to my Father's house in
the Midlands (a few miles north of Birmingham). On the way, I saw:
1. MGB -- about a '78, I think (G reg). Saw that before I had left
Heathrow.
2. Reliant Scimitar (haven't seen one of those for a long time)
3. 2 or 3  pre-war race cars. Didn't get a good look to see what they were
but could have been MGs.
4. A 3-wheeler, probably a Morgan.
5. 2 Hillman Imps. Both on the M40 near the Heritage Motor  museum.
6. Also, just past the Heritage museum,  a Clan Crusader (I think) (was
there an Imp meeting at the museum?)
7. Shelby Cobra (probably a replica).
8. Triumph Stag.
9. Healey 30000
10. 2 or 3 VW based Dune/Beach Buggies.

All were seen in the space of a few hours.

Simon