[Mgs] I'm getting too good at this.

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Thu May 2 20:34:44 MDT 2013

3 Hours.

It only took three hours to replaces those damned seals at the base of the
windshield pillars.

If you recall a few weeks back, I asked if anybody had a source of seals that
would last. Nobody did, unfortunately. Since the last two sets lasted all of a
year each and were from Moss (who have no returns or complaints on this item,
FWIW), I went with TRF on the hopes that they used a different vendor.

They might. They're clearly smaller than the set I removed from the car and
have markings that the originals didn't.

A year from now, I'll know.

But hey, I removed and reinstalled the windshield in 3 hours. Including the
time to fish the socket I dropped out from under the radio. Add the bonus that
was "found the plug for the courtesy light, so the light turns on when I open
the door" and it was almost productive. Still, I could have spent those three
hours driving, or mountain biking, or...

--
Aaron