[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 73, Issue 18

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Fri Jun 28 10:50:20 MDT 2013

You can't put the grommet in the panel first, because the nut on end
of oil cooler hose is larger and won't go through the grommet when in
the panel.  But it is easy when you know how.  Put the grommet on the
hose first (stretching the grommet to go over the nut).  Then pass
the nut and hose through the panel, bringing the grommet up to the
hole.  Wrap a string around the grommet in the groove 1-1/2
turns.  Pass the string through the panel hole.  Push grommet up
against the panel, and pull on the string.  As the string pulls
through it will pull the lip of the grommet through the hole, and
irt's done in a flash.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com