[Mgs] Parking/turn light

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Wed Jun 26 18:01:38 MDT 2013

A month or so ago I ran into a overzealous, IMO, safety inspector who
wanted to fail my '69 MGB because the parking lamp on the right front
didn't work although the turn signal lamp did.  When I told him it had
been that way for years and didn't matter, he said, "If it's on there it
has to work."  So I told him to show me in the TX state regs.  He
couldn't, because it's not on his pass/fail check list, which I knew.
So, he reluctantly issued the safety sticker.

So, last week Peg 'n I were taking a MGB back-road ride when the upper
radiator hose sprung a leak.   Topped it back up and got home alright.
I have spare radiator hoses in the car so I changed both of them the
next day,  including the heater hoses.   So then I needed to replace the
spare radiator hoses.   Having in mind the hassle with the safety
inspector, I figured to order the hoses and the hardware to repair the
park/turn lamp fixture.  Then the mail-order fun began!

I've been chasing my tail on line trying to buy a park & turn backplate,
with the bulb sockets & wires, for my '69 B.  Moss & LBC don't list the
backplate separately; nor does the catalog show the backplate as part of
the whole assembly that they sell.  VB shows the backplate separately
but can't tell me if it is complete with the bulb sockets and wiring.
RF, forget it.

Anyone renewed this part of the car?  Bought these parts and can tell me
what came in the box?

Ed?  Kelvin?  Halp!!

CR