[Mgs] 1971 MGB front pulley split, any advice on replacement?

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 18:52:38 MDT 2013

The front pulley on my daughter's '71 MGB has split (outer turns
independently of inner).

Any advice on replacement? I have a compressor and impact wrench, so I
should not have problems removing the bolt, once I can get to it. What size
is the bolt? I need to make sure I have a suitable socket.

I did this some years ago on my MGA, but was wondering if there are any
extra considerations for the MGB?

Also, is it safe to forget to replace the belt that drives the air pump
(smog pump)?

Simon