[Mgs] alternator on 71 mgb

Bert Palte palte at gmx.net
Sat Jul 27 07:40:06 MDT 2013

Most likely the carbon brushes are worn.
Cheap parts, easy to replace yourself.

Bert

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 jul. 2013, at 10:12, "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com> wrote:

> If the light goes off when the plug is removed from the alternator (ignition
on) then the alternator is at fault.  With the engine running at about 2000rpm
measure the voltage on the brown or white at the fusebox.  If it only reads
12v then the alternator isn't charging.  If it reads about 14v then it's
charging, but there is still a problem with it.  The difference is that if
it's charging you can still use it while you source the best deal for a
replacement or repair.

> PaulH.

Alternator light stay's on, any deas  out  there for what I should look for.