[Mgs] Voltmeter bounces when I shut off the engine

Peter Schauss rpschauss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 12:17:38 MDT 2013

I just converted my 1980 MGB from the stock electronic distributor to the
Pertronix.  Folloing suggestions here, I connected the red wire to an
unfused 12 volt circuit which is hot when the ignition switch is on (second
tab from the bottom on the front of the fuse box).  I connected the black
wire to the negative terminal of the coil and disconnected all of the wires
from the CEI amplifier.

The car runs fine, but I noticed that my voltmeter bounces around for a few
seconds when I shut off the ignition switch.  I is the normal and is it
going to cause any damage?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss