[Mgs] alloy valve cover

Jim Juhas james.f.juhas at snet.net
Sun Jul 14 20:22:18 MDT 2013

I use red Loctite Form Gasket on both sides of a cork gasket.  I glue it
on the valve cover this way first and let it set before installing. When
I anticipate frequent removal (this is my race car) I only "glue" the
valve cover side. Cleanliness of the surfaces seems to be key to this.
Finally, I have given up on those thumbscrews.  I use the original bolts
and cup washers.