[Mgs] Fuel Issue

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 21:23:20 MST 2013

And the pushrod bandito might have stolen the intake pushrod for #4, but I
would put that about as likely as the #4 valve being stuck open.  Assuming
the engine was OK when parked, I doubt that a valve would get stuck open or
closed without some serious accompanying noises from the motor.  Bill made
no mention of any unusual noises.
A stuck carb on the other hand is quite common, and would not have strange
noises accompanying it.  I have seen this numerous times over the years.
Pull the air cleaners and lift the pistons by hand, do they both rise and
fall the same?  or is the rear piston stiffer to move?
I'll bet 40 quatloos on a carb issue.
Rick