[Mgs] cleaning rheostat

Douglas McKinnie d.mckinnie at usa.net
Mon Jan 28 17:03:33 MST 2013

Several years ago I purchased a Vellman kit to build a 12V DC PWM motor speed
controller, with the intention of using that to control the brightness my
dash
lights.

But frankly, even though I spend lots of time driving the MG on twisty unlit
roads in the deep woods on moonless stormy nights, I've hardly ever had the
thought "You know, my dash lights are just too bright right now". This for a
person whose first action in a rental car is turning down the dash lights.

Anyway, were I to seek a rheostat for the dash lights today I would probably
buy one of the many 12V PWM speed controllers available on Amazon and Ebay,
with this one merely as an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130574312785

Douglas
'70 BGT