[Mgs] loctite question - (Mgs Digest, Vol 68, Issue 5)

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Tue Jan 15 12:29:32 MST 2013

The standard torque values are clean and dry. Some applications specify
oiled, if they don't then they should be dry. The difference is a 25-30%
reduction in torque values if you oil them - unless of course it is
specifically stated to oil them in which case they have already taken it
into account. I have never seen a workshop manual which states that all
torque values are for oiled threads, so I'd appreciate it if you could send
me a reverence.

I believe the original question was about big end rod bolts and I believe
(without looking) the torque is specified as oiled.

The 1x2 is a vanity call, 1x2 and 2x1 calls disappeared here in the south a
long, long time ago. Previously I was N8KTZ and KQ4NO.

--

Stephen West-Fisher

N4IK